CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Jayhawk Pipeline facility in McPherson, Kansas. We are looking for a Pipeline Engineer to design and maintain operation of company pipeline activities by providing support and knowledge in hydraulics, cost estimating, corrosion, and construction project management.You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Conduct preliminary engineering studies, including gathering pertinent data, analyzing alternatives and performing related calculations.
- Build project cost estimates for inclusion into annual budgets.
- Submit project AFE’s for approval, approve invoices and ensure that project costs do not exceed allotted amount.
- Design, plan, schedule, maintain work record data and lead all phases of moderately complex projects in a specific discipline in an assigned functional area.
- Review plans for conformity with laws, ordinances and accepted professional standards that pertain to engineering discipline and area of specialty.
- Perform contract administration and construction inspections for moderately complex projects, including reviewing final plans, specifications, special conditions and agreements. Serves as project manager on moderately complex projects.
- Prepare and interpret engineering plans and specifications and communicate technical requirements to employees and contractors.
- Prepare construction bid specification documents and change orders.
- Assign, schedule, monitor and review the work of others, including contractors.
- Evaluate and respond to operational problems requiring engineering solutions.
- Perform field inspections.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in applicable engineering discipline from an accredited four-year college or university
- Skill in use of various computer programs (including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time
- Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering
- Liquid pipeline or petrochemical industry experience
- Drafting experience in AutoCAD
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.