CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Oil Refinery facility in McPherson, Kansas. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer Intern to provide technical support assistance to refinery Mechanical Engineers for a variety of refinery units in order to achieve optimal performance while meeting company safety, environment, and economic guidelines. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Provide technical support assistance to refinery Mechanical Engineers and Inspectors to achieve equipment reliability and performance while meeting company safety, environment, and economic guidelines.
- May participate in a variety of different activities, such as mechanical equipment design, inspection data analysis, fitness for service evaluations, equipment repair plan development, materials selection, root cause failure analysis, and troubleshoot equipment performance and develop recommendations for maintenance.
- Work with Process Engineers to design and install new projects and other unit improvements.
- Recognize and report and/or suggest recommendations regarding safety, health and environmental issues that impact operations and personnel.
- Projects may include equipment design, preparation of specifications, equipment integrity evaluations, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques in particular areas of assignments.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in a Mechanical or Civil Engineering program at a four-year college/university
- Available to work 40 hours per week
- Currently a Junior enrolled in a Mechanical or Civil Engineering program at a four-year college/university
- Previous internship experience in the petrochemical or refining industry
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.