CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Energy Refined Fuels Division. We are looking for a Mechanic Apprentice to perform maintenance and repair duties for our fleet of equipment at our McPherson, KS location. You must have strong mechanical aptitude and diagnostic skills, a commitment to quality and the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are essential.
- Assist in performing equipment and vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure safe operation.
- Assist in diagnosingand performing accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair, including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Assist in removingand replacingengine, transmission, and differential assemblies.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Maintain records of use, mileage, maintenance, repairs, and service.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Adhere to safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma and 1 year experience working with a mechanic
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Strong computer skills
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.