CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Oil Refinery facility in McPherson, Kansas. We are looking for a Mechanical or Civil Engineer Intern to provide technical support assistance to refinery Mechanical Engineers on a variety of Maintenance department equipment in order to achieve optimal performance while meeting company safety, environment, and economic guidelines. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Provide technical support assistance to refinery Maintenance to achieve equipment performance while meeting company safety, environment, and economic guidelines.
- Participate in a variety of different activities, such as Maintenance equipment design, generating construction drawings using AutoCAD, and research & enhancement of data in computerized maintenance management software (Maximo).
- Perform structural Engineering design of Maintenance department equipment such as; rigging points, trailers, calibration bench, & toolroom equipment.
- Recognize and report and/or suggest recommendations regarding safety, health and environmental issues that impact operations and personnel.
- Projects may include equipment design, preparation of specifications, equipment integrity evaluations, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques in particular areas of assignments.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently a Junior or Senior enrolled in a Mechanical or Civil Engineering program at an ABET accredited four-year college/university
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators
- Previous internship experience in the petrochemical or refining industry
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.