CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Oil Refinery facility in McPherson, Kansas. This is an onsite position. We are looking for an Accountant to join our team. You must be a detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are necessary.
- Answer customer service lines
- Validate direct deposit enrollments and enter in system
- Tank bottom revenue entries
- Weekly check re-issues
- Process IRS levy payments
- Process garnishment payments
- Research negative accounts and send correspondence
- Prepare and process the outstanding check letters
- Coordinate the unclaimed property courtesy letter
- Coordinate the unclaimed property reporting
- Assist in monthly lease crude payment processing
- Owner research to find current contact information or heirs
- Handle difficult inquiries, as well as others, from interest owners
- Act as backup for other Crude Oil Supply Clerks when needed
- Perform other duties as requested or needed
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader
- Effective, efficient communication skills with a diverse group of customers and intracompany work groups
- Determine solutions or be able to find the solution through research or seeking out resources in a reasonable amount of time
- Address customer issues in a respectable, polite, professional manner
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Oil & Gas industry experience
- Read and interpret complex legal documents
- Allegro accounting software experience
- Docuware or electronic document management system experience
- Unclaimed Property Reporting Experience
- Customer Service Experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.