CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Refineries group within our Energy division. We are looking for an Operations Associate toperform duties associated with petroleum products at our McFarland Terminal located in McFarland, Wisconsin. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Essential functions for the position are sufficient hearing, vision, speech, manual dexterity, body strength, and mobility.
- Perform general labor duties throughout the plant, including, general cleanup duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, painting and scraping, jackhammering, and soda blasting.
- Keep all work areas in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Perform grounds maintenance including snow removal and the cleanup of material spills.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance tasks including but not limited to lubrication of pumps, valves, and loading arms.
- Inspect in-use equipment looking for seeps and leaks of process equipment.
- Assist others in unloading trucks that may require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- Maintain a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- Proficient with Windows-based applications and ability to complete calculations in feet, inches, and sixteenths
- Basic knowledge of hand tools (pipe wrench, sockets, combination wrenches, hammers)
- Experience in mechanical and/or electrical fields
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Able to wear required protective equipment, including respirators...
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Hourly rate $25.00 - $28.00 per hour DOE
- This Position will be eligible for benefits following a qualifying period.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.