Truck and Trailer Mechanic
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Transportation Division. We are looking for a Truck & Trailer Mechanic in the Mason City, IA area to maintain our truck & trailer fleet.
*This role is eligible for a $3,000 sign on bonus.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off
- Retirement Benefits:
- 401K with Company Match
- Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
- Responsible for all phases of truck and trailer repair including but not limited to; oil changes, P/M inspections, DOT inspections, and general repair and maintenance of fleet equipment.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Follow all CHS policies and procedures. Participate in company training for service and repair of vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years of experience in maintenance and repair
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Vocational/technical school training in production maintenance/mechanics preferred
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet business demands
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up