CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
HS Northwest has an exciting opportunity at our Lynden, WA, Administrative Office. We are looking for a full-time Accounting Specialist. You must be detail oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Process Accounts Payable (A/P)
- Reconcile accounts and bills, analyze discrepancies.
- Perform routine balancing, filing, and calculating
- Handle customer/vendor phone calls
- Follow established policies and procedures to resolve routine inquiries from vendors and internal personnel.
- Prioritize tasks to ensure all deadlines are met
- Provide clear office communications, written and verbal
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Associate degree in Accounting (additional years of accounting experience may offset education)
- 2 years A/P experience
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- Experience with Agris accounting and or SAP software
- Previous accounting experience with agronomy.
- Must be able to meet certain physical requirements including standing, squatting, bending, climbing stairs and lifting up to 35 lbs.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.