Sales Agronomist Intern
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Northwest has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. This Sales Agronomist Intern will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers in ensuring they are provided the highest level of service. This intern will learn the full operations of a successful cooperative location including sales, warehouse inventory management, soil sampling, crop scouting, and making field recommendations. During our busy spring season, this intern will be also assist in agronomy operations to provide the best customer experience to our cooperative customers.
- Assist Agronomy Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learn and utilize Agris invoicing and inventory management systems.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn how to maintain equipment and facility.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
- Custom Application if qualified and/or if the need arises.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, Business or other Agriculture related degree program
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Previous agriculture experience
- Ability to stand, squat, twist and bend repeatedly
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to lift 55 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to wear all required PPE such as: hard hat, hair net, safety glasses, face mask, and safety boots
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up