CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for an Agronomy Department Manager to manage the overall Agronomy department of our CHS Northwest business unit based out of Lynden, WA to include Chemical, Crop Nutrients, and Seed. You will plan and direct the marketing of the business unit’s Agronomy products and services offered by the cooperative to area producers through a team effort including multiple agronomy locations.
- Develop and manage Agronomy department operating, capital, and lease budgets.
- Manage Agronomy Location Managers and/or Agronomy Sales Managers.
- Work with management and sales team on programs, pricing and overall strategy for the Agronomy department.
- Develop & recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Develop, establish, and execute comprehensive marketing plans & programs, both short & long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of the organization.
- Oversee and ensure inventory is in place and accurately accounted for.
- Evaluate and recommend distribution channel development programs.
- Oversee maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Vendor Management:
- Determine vendors, suppliers, negotiate contract terms & conditions for all product and major services.Serve as a liaison between suppliers, vendors, and distributors to management and sales staff
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio & market share in relation to preset standards & industry & economic trends.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives fall within designated budgets.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to senior management.
- Establish & maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Oversee & evaluate market research, adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market & competitive conditions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current & new product concepts; provide feedback for future product development.
- Monitor competitive products and marketing activities through ongoing communication with management.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or equivalency degree
- 10 years of combined experience in one or more of the following:
- Agricultural retail
- Supervisory experience
- Agronomy experience
- Associate’s degree in Business, Agronomy or Agriculture related program
- Agribusiness/Location management/Agronomy Sales experience
- Certified Crop Advisor license or Washington State Department of Agriculture license
- Co-op experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.