CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Global Grain and Processing Transactional Team. We are looking for an Accounting Intern during the school year. This position will provide broad exposure to many facets of the grain and processing business. You will work with a variety of commodities and actively own a project for the duration of the internship. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be ready to quickly learn, and be driven to succeed. This position is on-site in Lincoln’s Haymarket district with a start date in July or August.
- Complete settlement transactions for a variety of grain/processing shipments.
- Work with internal and external customers.
- Learn the overall grain and/or processing businesses and their accounting transactions.
- Work with other divisions of CHS, as applicable.
- Provide exceptional customer service by researching, resolving, and/or escalating inquiries.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Finance or Accounting Degree program
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAP, BPC, JDE
- Prior internship experience
CHS offers a competitive compensation package. Benefits include Paid Vacation and a Volunteer Day. If eligibility requirements are met, you may participate in 401K, Match Company Funded Pension, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Health Insurance according to ASA guidelines.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.