CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
- Manage internal customer requirements which includes, but not limited to, requisitions, purchase orders, delivery schedules, supplier follow-up and system support.
- Apply subject matter expertise to source suppliers, distribute bids, develop bid tabs and procure materials, equipment and services to support operations, maintenance, engineering and capital projects.
- Provide work direction and assistance to more junior team members.
- Develop and maintain professional partnerships with suppliers and contractors to ensure open communication and proper business relationships as defined by CHS and legal requirements.
- Coordinate with suppliers and contractors to ensure that all materials and services are completed in accordance with the terms of the purchase order, including problem resolution and followup communication.
- Compile material required for Request for Quote (RFQ) packages for all departments in PFI division. Complete information for vendor/price evaluation.
- Perform supplier audits as a member of the Supplier Audit Team; Analyze complex data of items purchased, costs, and product performance for group and supplier reviews.
- Drive effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, peers and management.
- Partner with CHS Strategic Sourcing to identify synergies to leverage spend across locations.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 7+ years of experience in Supply Chain and Procurement and/or Purchasing
- Subject matter espertise in Purchasing Best Business Practice, Math, & Ethics
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to influence and negotitate
- Strong decision making skills
- Experience using purchasing inventory software, and Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Economics, Manufacturing, Logistics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Statistics or related field
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.