CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division. We are looking for a Regional Seed Operations Manager for our CHS Primeland and CHS SunBasin business units. You must be able to make decisions, work independently and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills. Collaboration and communication, both verbal and written is instrumental for success in this role.
Physical work location is flexible within our area of operations in Northern Idaho and Eastern Washington.
- Develop strategic marketing plans to grow sales markets and distribution opportunities while achieving company objectives for seed products and services.
- Direct and coordinate business plans, marketing programs and risk management programs.
- Manage of disbursed operations and sales staff in various locations for the most successful outcome for CHS.
- Collaborate and communicate with local leadership and business unit General Managers.
- Develop and oversee a seed varietal selection process that provides the company with access to varietal selection well in advance of taking varieties to the retail market.
- Manage Seed production, distribution and delivery as well as establish all retail pricing for seed products. Oversee royalty streams and tracking.
- Oversee inventory management and controls to maximize turns and minimize inventory cost.
- Work with the CHS Credit team to address Accounts Receivables and collections.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Develop staff for future opportunities within the seed business and CHS.
- Supervise and manage the team by creating clear job responsibilities, continuous training and timely addressing deficient performance.
- Create effective rewards and growth opportunities for all employees.
- Ensure that all daily work is completed on time and meets all required timelines.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 plus years of energy sales, energy, or management experience
- 1 year of experience supervising daily operations of staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Marketing or Sales
- Outside energy sales experience
- Cooperative experience
- Management of disbursed workforce
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.