Union - Operator, Shift I
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Oil Refinery in Laurel, Montana. We are looking for a ShiftOperator 1 (entry-level operations) to join our growing team. You must be detail oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and communication skills, both verbal and written. You must be able to form and maintain positive relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Operate and maintain a refinery operating unit in a safe and efficient manner.
- Continuously monitor operational conditions and mechanical equipment, and make process and equipment adjustments as necessary to meet operating objectives.
- Troubleshoot issues by collecting data, establishing facts, and finding solutions.
- Perform emergency duties related to process upsets, leaks, fires, etc.
- Must have a practical understanding of mechanical principles.
- Experience applying fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge of probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proficient in the English language due to safety-sensitive work
- Training or work experience in refinery process technology and/or refinery process systems
- Training or work experience with mechanical and chemical scientific principles
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts (nights and days), including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform physical work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, including hearing protection, Hard Hat, NOMEX, safety glasses, and respirator.
- Must pass all pre-employment drug testing, physical, and background screening.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package with benefit offerings covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up