CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Oil Refinery facility in Laurel, Montana. We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to design and implement capital projects and maintenance expense projects to improve refinery reliability and profitability. You must be a results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy, safety and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are essential.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and manage capital projects in the refinery from estimate stage, through design, construction, installation and start-up.
- Prepare the contracting strategy for field construction of assigned capital projects.
- Coordinate development of the design drawings and perform the required HAZOP and MOC documentation based on the approved project scope and budget.
- Take lead role on assigned in-house projects, coordinating personnel from various groups.
- Take lead role on assigned projects involving contract engineering support.
- Work and support refinery turnaround outages as they are planned and executed.
- Ensure all deliverables are developed per the Turnaround Manager’s timeline for engineering submittals.
- Direct and oversee work of contractors through qualification, preparing bid packages, quality assurance and control of construction, acceptance and testing, and invoice processing.
- Review and apply engineering standards, codes and specifications for all types of design, procurement and construction issues.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar discipline from a four-year college or university
- 4+ years of experience in project engineering or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of project engineering experience
- Oil and Gas Industry experience
- Proficient with applications to aid in engineering design, MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators.
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.