CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Retail Division! We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our growing agriculture organization to be an Agronomy Sales Representative to service and grow our customer base near Langdon, SD.
- Achieve sales goals and execute sales plans within an assigned medium to large size sales territory and/or level of account(s).
- Focus on personal sales targets, new business development and troubleshooting on problem or key local market accounts.
- Create and recommend specific agronomy programs to targeted accounts with the goal of increasing agronomy business.
- Spend most of the time developing relationships with farmers to earn business.
- Utilize seed, Precision Farming technology, finance, and other marketing tools to grow market share.
- Understand the business functions of the employee team and assist the team in improving the efficiency and profitability of the location(s) assigned.
- Coordinate with custom applicators and tanks on the spreading, spraying, and delivery of bulk fertilizer to assure the cost-effective use of equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations through customer education and the promotion of new products.
- Ensure that federal and state regulations pertaining to chemicals and fertilizers are observed and adhered to.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hours in-season to meet business demands.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 5 plus years of Agronomy sales or related sales experience
- Ability to work extended hours in-season
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural related field
- Experience with:
- Extensive knowledge of agronomy
- Utilizing sales tools to achieve all goals and objectives.
- Relationship building with internal and external customers.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
- CDL or ability to obtain one
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.