CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a full-time Office Assistant. You must be able to make decisions and work independently within a team atmosphere. You must be detail oriented, accurate, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Office hours: 8 am – 5 pm, with extended hours during peak season
- Handle customer phone calls, walk in traffic and direct patrons to appropriate personnel.
- Set up customer prepay contracts, process customer invoices, transfer documents, inventory stock additions, and perform data entry into accounting systems.
- Handle direct payments, reconcile credit card receipts and prepare deposits.
- Apply inbound and outbound grain shipments to contracts.
- Maintain a full understanding of company products and services (Agronomy, Grain, Energy, and Feed)
- Work with sensitive material and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Provide clear office communication with location managers and office assistants, board members, and patrons.
- Offer support to the credit department as needed.
- Assist in new employee orientation.
- Order office supplies and maintain a clean office.
- Perform other duties when help is required, including operating the grain scale.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Up to 3 years of office experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Associate’s degree
- Farming background/ understanding
- Familiar with accounting software
- Agriculture/Fertilize/Energy experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.