CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc. Inc. has a new opportunity for a VP, Financial Operations reporting to the CFO. The VP, Financial Operations is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Financial Shared Services organization and for leading and facilitating finance transformation in support of the CHS Operating Model.
The VP, Financial Operations is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Financial Shared Services organization and for leading and facilitating finance transformation in support of the CHS Operating Model. The person in this role will lead large change programs across people, processes, systems, and data. The successful candidate is a change leader with proven success driving cross-functional projects aligning priorities to enterprise strategic objectives driving operational excellence and innovation.
- Drive continuous improvement across finance processes creating best-in-class, customer-centric processes and policies that dynamically respond to evolving business needs and emerging risks.
- Build a scalable best-in-class center-led Financial Shared Services organization by building standardization of processes and focusing on consistent and accurate service delivery.
- Develop an intentional Financial Shared Services framework for developing dynamic practices that evolve with emerging trends and best practices in technology enablement and business needs.
- Develop and maintain a delivery method for project delivery across the finance organization defining scope, critical paths for achievement, talent needs, etc.
- Evaluate processes and tools and assess intelligent automation solutions into continuous improvement projects to increase digitalization of the finance function (including Robotic Process Automation, Machine Learning).
- Partner with Finance Shared Services leadership to identify areas of transformation through customer journey mapping, service design, and clearly articulating the transformation roadmap building builds clarity and accountability.
- Partner with functional and operations leaders across the enterprise to Assess functional performance against clearly articulated and measurable key performance indicators Leverage opportunities to grow capabilities of a center-led financial shared services organization.
- Expand service line offerings. Challenge the current framework and identify opportunities for process optimization, automation, and enhanced governance.
- Ensure finance capabilities, technology, and processes are aligned and implemented with enterprise standards, leveraging best practices, developed with strong internal controls, and according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Prioritize a culture of continuous improvement across the entire finance organization to drive best-in-class processes and policies.
- Optimize working capital measurements of days sales outstanding and days payable outstanding.
- Ensure that business processes comply with all relevant guidelines and policies, whether internally established or externally mandated to include master data management, vendor management; applicable state, provincial, and federal government bodies; and CHS’s SOX control environment.
- Preserve company assets by evaluating all processes to mitigate risks and prevent fraud.
- Develop and articulate service level agreements (SLA) with internal customers incorporating performance and feedback measures against those SLAs.
- Create and operationalize a dashboard of key performance indicators related to service delivery levels through process changes.
- Monitor attrition and minimize its impact on business continuity.
- Establish relationships inside and outside of the organization that enhances collaboration and trust.
- Work closely with outside auditors to assess controls and the impact of change.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and globally under normal course with a ramp-up to 50% during certain transitional periods of change.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 15+ years of progressive experience in Finance with proven success leading large enterprise-wide projects to include:
- Direct work experience designing and rolling out a project delivery method with stage-gates and appropriate project management techniques to ensure success
- Experience developing key performance indicators and metrics using this data to provide insight, actions, and solutions
- 10+ years of direct leadership experience, directly and indirectly, leading at the executive level
- Previous experience in a Finance leadership role at a global public organization
- Advanced understanding of large Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP’s)
- Large scale Business Transformation and Change Management to include Shared Services design & execution
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time, within budget, and to scope
- Ability to:
- Develop relationships and influence at the executive level
- Operate at macro (strategy development) and micro (implementation) levels
- Cultivate new approaches and strategies with a continuous improvement mindset
- Lead and implement large enterprise-wide Finance initiatives and projects on time and within budget
- Understand business drivers and strategies and connect Finance strategies and initiatives to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and globally under normal course with a ramp up to 50% during certain transitional periods of change.
- Masters degree in Finance or related field of study
- Direct work experience with SAP, SharePoint, PowerBI, Project Management tools
- Direct experience leading large scale shared services change projects specific to design & execution
- Prior direct experience using Lean or other continuous improvement tools, agile, six sigma, or similar
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.