Supervisor, Grain Settlements
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Finance Department. We’re looking for a motivated, self-driven Grain Settlements Supervisor to join our team. You will ensure that transactions are recorded timely and supervise monthly reconciliation of related general ledger accounts, monitor applicable imports and controls. You will work to improve processes to gain efficiencies and strengthen controls.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. You must have a strong attention to detail, be change oriented with a passion for continuous improvement, and have excellent problem solving, organization, collaboration, influencing and communication skills, both written and verbal.
The position is based in our Midwestern, United States office/region. Candidates may be onsite, hybrid or remote.
- Supervise, lead and coordinate the daily activities of the Grain Settlement team including work direction, performance management, coaching and development to maximize team and individual performance.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Create and monitor metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure transactions are completed according to targets.
- Monitor and review activity reports. Reconcile activity to ensure imports and activity is being done timely and accurately.
- Ensure accounting procedures are correct and in compliance with all state and federal regulations, company polices and standard internal control requirements.
- Act as a second level escalation point for issues.
- Support efficient processes within the team and pursue continuous improvement through lean methods as opportunities are identified.
- Identify opportunities to use automation and data to improve business performance.
- Lead and/or participate in projects and efforts to continuously improve processes, systems, and controls and provide metrics and analytics to support business goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Finance Shared Services, CHS GGP/PFI) to ensure business needs are being met efficiently and accurately.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors and ensure documentation requests are appropriately addressed.
- Promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, and/or AP/AR
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Previous team leadership or supervisory experience
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities, including report writing, requirements gathering and system knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable grain settlement/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- SAP ERP experience
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up