Supervisor, Grain Order Management
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
This role will be the champion for outstanding order management support for our Grain product lines while understanding the business realities of service & cost. This position will own the process for customer setup, maintenance, product ordering to receiving product. These responsibilities will include the scope of customer support such as product quality tracking, product delivery, order fulfillment and track & trace. The Order Management Supervisor will have a deep understanding of our business and effectively collaborate with sales and product line teams, as well as other functions across CHS, including supply chain planning, transportation, terminal operations, distribution, and finance to deliver a quality customer experience.
You will help to define and build the future of our global-scale order management process for Grain product lines. You will join our dynamic and fast-paced Supply Chain organization as we build up the people, process, and technology to improve operational efficiency and support our customer base through the order fulfillment life cycle.
This position is located at our Inver Grove Heights, MN office and will work a hybrid schedule.
- Will build and lead a team responsible for supporting our customers' order fulfillment needs to execute both internal & external shipments in current ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.
- Coordinate with partner teams and internal customers to resolve bottlenecks, address issues, and keep the team moving.
- Lead improvement process in partnership with business leadership through the complete life cycle from idea to development to deployment - and be responsible for the resulting business outcomes
- Develop business system process to assure optimization of operations and work processes establishing work instructions business use cases and tools.
- Ensure Order Management team follows all credit and risk policies
- Coordinating regularly with distribution, transportation, and operational leads to ensure clear communication on inventory & order demands to support customer needs.
- Notify commercial and leadership peers of any customer issues or supply gaps
- Identify, prioritize, and screen initiatives working collaboratively with commercial team leads, distribution S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) & operations, where applicable.
- Be the primary liaison for Grain Order Management processes supporting communication with internal departments including Commercial, IT (Information Technology), Accounting, Tax, Credit and Transportation
- Partner with your counterparts across the other Ag Business product line channels to gain alignment in processes and customer experience levels.
- Develop ad-hoc reports and information tools as well as deploy bot technology as requested to support global order management transactions and processes
- Develop & Track Order Management Scorecards to include Business KPI’s such as On Time in Full %, Customer Quality Tracking Metrics, Order Accuracy %, Back-order rate %, etc.
- Define, track, and celebrate success within your product area
- Follow all company safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards. Correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions in the workplace.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain and Procurement
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving, change management, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proficient with MS Power BI
- Strong leadership & team development abilities
- Experience taking products or process through the full life cycle: from inception, to launch, to customer management, with business-changing outcome
- Excellent balance of deep technical and business knowledge
- Lean or other process improvement experience or background
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up