CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our CHS Hedging Division as a Commodity Broker in our fertilizer, energy, and consulting team. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented.
This is a hybrid role working out of either our Inver Grove Heights, MN or Kansas City, MO office. Potentially open to a remote candidate that is able to travel regularly to our Inver Grove Heights, MN office.
- Perform market analysis of all commodities, but primarily fertilizer and energy, to support the hedging and trading decisions which maximizes profit potential while effectively managing risk of our customer base in commercial and production agriculture.
- Provide customer service to retain and expand current business plus solicit new business.
- Responsible for positions, delivery and options for all assigned accounts and/or commodities.
- Develop opportunities in hedging, basis trading, farmer programs, transportation planning and government programs.
- Mentor junior team members to aid in their development.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 7+ years of experience in Commodity Risk Management and/or Trading
- Series 3 broker’s license or ability to obtain within first 90 days on the job
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics, or related field
- Knowledge of ag-production methods and fertilizer/energy/grain/livestock/dairy marketing
- Ability to compose market/commodity reports
- Must be analytical, a problem solver, customer service oriented, a team player, promotional and detail oriented
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to travel up to 25% (depending on location)
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.