CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our CHS Hedging Division as a Commodity Broker. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented. This position can be a remote position or located in either our Inver Grove Heights, MN or Kansas City, MO office.
- Perform market analysis of all commodities to support the hedging and trading decisions which maximizes profit potential while effectively managing risk of our customer base in commercial and production agriculture.
- Provide customer service to retain and expand current business plus solicit new business.
- Responsible for positions, delivery and options for all assigned accounts and/or commodities.
- Develop opportunities in hedging, basis trading, farmer programs, transportation planning and government programs.
- Mentor junior team members to aid in their development.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 7+ years of experience in Commodity Risk Management and/or Trading
- Series 3 broker’s license or ability to obtain within first 90 days on the job
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics, or related field
- Knowledge of ag-production methods and grain/livestock/dairy marketing
- Ability to compose market/commodity reports
- Must be analytical, a problem solver, customer service oriented, a team player, promotional and detail oriented
- Ability to travel up to 25%
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.