CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Corporate Payroll Operations department. We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our high performing payroll team. You must be a detail-oriented individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy, confidentiality, great customer service, and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, and the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks is essential.
- Process bi-weekly hourly and semi-monthly salary payrolls accurately and timely.
- Process, analyze and validate time off accruals, voluntary and involuntary payroll deductions, new hire information, changes, terminations, bonuses, retirement, etc.
- Set up, maintain, and be knowledgeable of garnishments, levies, and child support notices, as well as process disclosure forms and request vendor payments.
- Set up and maintain employee direct deposit information.
- Assist with Ad Hoc reports – information to be used for reporting, bonus calculations and budgeting purpose
- Manage and maintain payroll records to ensure compliance, accuracy, and completeness.
- Develop and produce accurate required or requested payroll reports on a timely basis.
- Assist and provide support to employees and supervisors in our automated time keeping system.
- Provide excellent customer service in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all payroll activities are executed in accordance with IRS, state and local regulations, and company guidelines.
- Complete special projects, assist teammates, and perform administrative duties as required.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 2 plus years of payroll experience, or closely related field, in a fast paced environment
- Associate degree in a related field or FPC or CPP Certification. In lieu of the degree or certification, 5 plus years of payroll experience, or experience in a closely related field.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- FPC or CPP Certification
- Experience working in a corporate payroll department
- Working knowledge of HRIS system, including Lawson Software and Workbrain Time and Attendance
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.