CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc. is looking for a Sr. Inventory Analyst to join our team.
Inventory Control Processes and Procedures
- Develop and utilize standard processes and procedures to ensure timely elimination of non-productive inventory, effective warehouse/elevator/terminal capacity utilization, and master data accuracy
- Accurately maintain inventory categorization, while coordinating with Production Planning, Production, and marketing to reduce / avoid inventory.
- Lead weekly and monthly inventory meetings as a component of S&OP process with the goal of inventory optimization
- Work in conjunction with the S&OP Team to develop best in class Process and Procedures to control and manage inventory levels
- Function as key member of the S&OP process by developing and presenting inventory optimization opportunities
- Provide leadership to team responsible for the capturing and reporting of inventory as per internal needs and external compliance
- Utilize automation tools to reduce amount of manual entry required to capture and report inventory data
Financial Management and Leadership
- Work to minimize inventory dollar liability for the company through non-productive inventory management and provide support to the company’s S&OP process.
- Support the S&OP Team with continuous improvement and cost reduction efforts associated with the third-party storage providers
- Develop measurements and monthly reports designed to identify costs, planning performance and provide guidance for logistics and operational planning
- Utilize financial and business analyses metrics & models to optimize storage located within the company warehouse network
Business information management/metrics
- Drive adherence to inventory planning, processes and standards through comprehensive, systematic analysis
- Utilize source systems data to generate action-oriented and executive facing reports for Inventory Control and Planning.
- Support strategic projects with spot analytics pertaining to inventory changes throughout network
- Lead migration of metrics to powerful analytical tools such as PowerBI , Tableau, etc.
- Support future system upgrade to Sap S4 HANA
- SME for Inventory Management
Supervision & Talent Development
- Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of assigned team (direct reports) to meet business goals
- Develop key talent in the Demand Planning Team to expand organizational capability and initiate succession planning
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, STEM, Economics, Agri-business, Finance or Business or at least 7 years of experience in corporate roles.
- Solid understanding of data sourcing and management techniques
- Ability to balance strategic and tactical thought and action
- Knowledge of IT tools including ERP systems
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Drive Realtime operations to resolution
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and manage time appropriately
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with representatives of partner organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with multiple teams
- Attention to detail with an analytical and business acumen
- Strong skills in MS office suite of products
- 5+ years of relevant business experience in corporate roles
- At least 3 years of experience in Supply Chain, Finance or Operations roles
- 1-2 years leading individuals (either directly or in teams)
- Experience working with other supply chain functions (i.e. Transportation, Distribution Centers, Procurement)
- Demonstrated process discipline that includes building, maintaining, and improving effective processes.
- Proven adaptability and ability to lead others through change.
- Experience in international commodity supply chain with specific focus on agricultural trade.
- Processing and/or Commodity Trading related forecasting knowledge
- SAP experience
- Business Process Improvement
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel) and Data Warehouse skills
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.