CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has a vision to create self-service APIs, automated pipelines, and our next generation of enterprise integration capabilities. Our dedicated product team for enterprise integration focuses on improving customer satisfaction and driving continuous delivery of value to product stakeholders. We’re looking for a Senior Product Owner to drive the product strategy for our Enterprise Integrations team. The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for bringing clarity to the stakeholder needs, setting product strategy, sharing value proposition, prioritization of features, building consensus with the business, and developing the product roadmap. The ideal candidate is local to the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, however, will consider remote options for top talent.
Responsibilities Lead Product Strategy & Product Marketing Strategy
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the product’s vision and mission and ensure the vision is clearly communicated to the product delivery team and understood by the team.
- Develop a product marketing strategy to drive consumption including core positioning and value proposition for the product and its major releases.
- Create, maintain and communicate the product roadmap to the product delivery team and stakeholders. Hold decision-making authority for scope-versus-schedule decisions for features isolated to their product.
- Prioritize backlog based on customer and business value and drives clarity for the product delivery team by communicating the goals of the requirements, working with team members as needed.
- Communicate successes to the enterprise and continue to drive the value behind product ownership and agile delivery.
Represent Customer and Lead Stakeholder Engagement
- Define user personas of the product in order to ensure that the product strategy and roadmap provide value to the users and business.
- Conduct the necessary research and analysis to fully understand the customers’ needs and requirements.
- Work with the customer to define what business value means to the customer and use this definition to assess each feature/story based on business value.
- Represent the voice of the customer to the product delivery team, based on active customer engagement, and provide direction on the development, testing, and refinement of features in a collaborative fashion.
- Ensure the product is demonstrated to the customer and stakeholders to validate that the product being delivered meets the customers’ needs.
Drive Product Performance
- Negotiate with the customer representatives, stakeholders, and the product delivery team to prioritize work in the backlog and help maximize the value the team delivers.
- Ensure that the team understands the context of the stories in the backlog and that the team has adequate information to deliver the stories.
- Provide leadership to ensure the product delivery team continually achieves a meaningful balance between user needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility.
- Ensure value realization by consistently measuring the impact of delivered features against the original goals and KPIs identified by stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent years of training, work experience and education)
- 4+ years of experience working with both business and IT employees/stakeholders in a cross-functional environment to include the following:
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex ideas and interdependencies
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand the larger company strategy
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Track record of using quantitative and qualitative data to prioritize decision-making
- Proven ability to effectively drive change
- Ability build consensus among cross-functional internal teams
- In-depth knowledge on modern Integration technologies and patterns
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Working as a Product Owner, Product Marketer, IT Relationship Manager, Senior Business Analyst, or Senior Integration Developer
- Working on or leading an Agile software development teams
- Organizing, facilitating, and leading a cross-functional team
- MBA or product certified
- Experience using Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Advanced proficiency in agile delivery tools such as Azure DevOps or Aha!
- Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Hands-on experience with APIs and cloud-based technologies
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.