CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Data Privacy and IT Risk team. We are looking for a Senior IT Security & Privacy Analyst to support and grow privacy operations and compliance at CHS. This position will report to the Data Privacy and IT Risk Supervisor and will be responsible for administering cross functional efforts to discover, build, execute and refine technical controls, assessments, and technology. The successful candidate will possess the ability to function independently, apply professional judgement, interface with all levels of stakeholders, communicate complex matters clearly and succinctly. This talent should be a go-getter with strong collaboration and analytical skills bridging IT concepts to business processes and identify cost-effective solutions.
- Conduct and improve ongoing pre-assessments and risk assessments to ensure CHS’s compliance.
- Oversee adherence to technical controls, policies, standards, procedures, including employee training.
- Assist privacy program governance and oversight of information security program maturity disciplines to the CHS information risk management program including the development and implementation of an IT risk assessment process and oversight/coordination of industry assessments.
- Lead and deliver on privacy and security project initiatives to further mature our Privacy and Cyber Security program Execute transformational activities related to privacy security awareness, compliance, vendor risk management, incident management and security technology implementations to support risk reduction initiatives.
- Collaborate with staff in other information security, IT department, legal and business teams to ensure CHS is incorporating privacy into operations with integrity, inclusion, safety and the cooperative spirit in mind.
- Serve as a trusted privacy advisor to business staff regarding a privacy sensitive approach to collection, use, handling and security of personal information and compliance with applicable laws and regulations while meeting business objectives.
- Utilize knowledge/experience and problem-solving skills to creatively resolve complex issues, choose the best course of action and prioritize key issues, goals and work plans to various leaders and business line.
- Support and lead Privacy Operating Committee meetings in partnership with the IT Compliance Manager and CISO.
- Coordinate and address implementation and governance work efforts associated to GDPR, other privacy regulations and privacy compliancy programs.
- Champion new process or technology implementations to drive further automation and efficiencies.
- Design and implement processes that embody Privacy by Design principles into new and existing business processes, information uses and systems.
- Fosters a culture of exemplary leadership, prioritization, delivery and collaboration.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Management, or related field (or equivalent years of experience, education and training)
- 4+ years of experience in Information Technology, IT Security and/or Privacy to include:
- Data Privacy experience (GDPR, CCPA, LGPD or other data privacy work)
- Knowledge of the technical controls and policies used to meet the compliance requirements and testing procedures
- Knowledge of industry trends, direction and best practices in domain areas of responsibility
- Professional certifications such as CIPP/US, CIPP/E or others
- Training end users experience
- Project management background and experience with an emphasis on information security and compliance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.