CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for aSenior IT Quality Assurance Analyst. This position upholds and continually improves IT Quality Assurance and Testing standards and processes. This position validates applications and systems in support of business operations and ensures QA and testing activities and deliverables are completed on-time and on-budget. This position leverages exposure to test automation and help implement the framework across projects. This role also assists the QA Manager with supervising the QA team.
- Collaborate with the Business Analyst and project team members to review and clarify project scope and requirements.
- Define and document the test approach/strategy for the project/sprint.
- Review test approach/strategy drafted by other QA team members.
- Author the Test Suite - test scenarios and test cases traceable to requirements in order to validate the application or customer deliverables.
- Conduct Test Suite reviews with Business Analysts, Developers and project team members.
- Prepare test data and test environment for both manual and automated test cases.
- Test execution of business applications, online applications, document processing capability, and reporting deliverables.
- Validate data and reports using SQL and other tools.
- Create Automation test scripts.
- Contribute and improve test automation framework.
- Secure SQL scripts, Automation scripts and other test artifacts in Source Control.
- Report QA metrics and testing status to project team.
- Identify, document and track issues found during testing.
- Coordinate with developers and project team members to triage and resolve issues.
- Escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables to the project team.
- Assist in deployment verification of applications or customer deliverables.
- Participate and be the QA advocate in project team meetings.
- Update status of assigned project tasks and time reporting duties.
- Participate and occasionally lead discussions in team meetings.
- Work closely with QA Manager on prioritization of tasks.
- Lead and supervise other QA team members.
- Training and mentoring of other QA team members in QA and Testing standards, applications and business processes.
- Assists QA Manager in performance management tasks.
- Ensure quality and on-time delivery in all assigned work.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field (or equivalent years of training, work experience and education)
- 4+ years of experience in IT QA and Testing to include:
- Software testing experience
- Analysis of requirements and design
- Design and reporting
- Transition of test requirements and test cases and execution of tests
- Reporting and mediation of defects and progress reporting
- 1+ years of test automation experience (execution and revising existing scripts)
- QA or Testing Professional Certification such as CAST, CSTE, CMST
- LEAN Certification • Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience in SAP ECC or S4 HANA development/deployment or support capacity
- Experience creating executive summaries or root cause analysis for communication at all levels
- Experience creating test automation from a defined manual test case
- 8+ years of experience in software QA and testing
- 5+ years of experience in implementing test automation
- 1+ years of experience leading and supervising QA team members
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.