Senior Financial Analyst
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
The Senior Financial Analyst reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Commercial Finance and will partner closely with Commercial operations leadership to support the expansion of product line work to include Country Operations as well as enhance financial analysis for our Derivatives and other miscellaneous trade programs in GG&P to (i) Strengthen Financial Forecasting & Analytical Capabilities, (ii) Support Annual Budget/LRP & Quarterly Forecast Process and (iii) Provide Financial Decision Analysis & Support. The Senior Financial Analyst must be an experienced analyst with strong financial budgeting, forecasting and analytical skills and possess a continuous improvement mindset with the desire to lead change initiatives.
Strengthen Financial Forecasting & Analytical Capabilities
- Partner with business units to enhance financial forecasting capabilities and increase forecast accuracy.
- Partner with FP&A to develop financial dashboards, models, and reports to be used by Commercial Leadership and Divisional Leaders.
- Analyze market trends and industry benchmarks in order to gather findings and insights that can be leveraged to improve the BU decision making capabilities.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends and areas of possible risk, savings, or opportunity; prepare these for communication to decision makers.
Support Annual Budget/LRP & Quarterly Forecast Process
- Support the enterprise planning process, including the annual budget, long range plan and quarterly forecast.
- Conduct long range plan and quarterly forecast analysis to identify historical trends, drivers of growth and track against enterprise strategic initiatives.
- Support quarterly cost savings and expense management analysis to drive deeper understanding and management of spending across the enterprise.
- Participate in the identification and management of process improvement projects that improve budgeting and long-range planning processes.
Provide Financial Decision Analysis & Support
- Enable decision making via the delivery of high impact financial analyses to GG&P and corporate leadership.
- Partner closely with the Manager of Reporting and Process & the Business Intelligence/AI team to develop sophisticated predictive analytics and forecasting models. Work directly with senior leadership in support of ad hoc and special projects aligned with enterprise strategic objectives.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, and/or Financial Planning and Analysis
- MBA preferred
- Experience with SAP and the BPC Planning module
- Experience with a ERP system implementation
- Experience with business and/or predictive analytics
- In depth understanding of budgeting, long range planning and forecasting processes as well as various financial statements (Balance Sheet, P&L, Statement of Cash Flow).
- Confirmed proficiency in financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting.
- Demonstrated learning agility with the ability to understand complex business problems.
- Experienced user of ERP systems and forecasting tools as well as strong experience working with various types of data and information.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor others and thrive in a team environment.
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset with the desire to lead change initiatives
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up