CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to business partner and support our CIO organization. This will include support of IT, Project United (SAP) and Transformation. This position will support the annual functions budget process, financial reporting and analysis and capital expenditures. This position will report to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Serve as a key business partner for corporate functions
- Communicate regularly with CIO organization regarding financial results
- Provide financial guidance and support to CIO organization
- Provide financial support for project investments, ensuring alignment with budget and required financial return measures
- Evaluate financial return metrics, including return on investment for proposed capital projects
- Track and report progress against KPIs
- Support analysis of IT capital and operating expenditures
- Track and explain progress on IT projects/enhancements and communicate progress to senior leaders within the finance and business teams
Support the budget processes and monthly financial reporting for the IT function and all other areas reporting to the CIO
- Partner with leaders to incorporate functions into the CHS forecast cadence and consolidation process, ensuring tasks are completed correctly and timely
- Work with enterprise FP&A and provide direction to CIO organization to ensure all budget requirements and timelines are met
- Track, report and explain variances to forecast and budget
- Provide support and direction to achieve expense targets, communicating with functional leaders on an ongoing basis
- Report KPIs in a standard and consistent format
- Support budgeting and forecasting for IT including CHS United (SAP) and TMO
Support cadence of communications for reporting on actual results versus budget
- Provide CIO organization with financial reporting that improves transparency and clearly identifies performance against budget
- Actively partner with functional leaders to review results, provide insights, and develop action plans
- Provide actionable insights, financial counsel, and metrics to drive cost optimization and guide sound decision-making
- Identify areas of opportunity to drive efficiency and automation of reports and distribution of information
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, and/or Financial Planning and Analysis
- Experience with SAP/BPC or Similar Planning Module
- Experience influencing across business and functional boundaries
- Previous FP&A experience
- Previous experience with Apptio software
Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.