CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Internal Controls department. We are looking for an Internal Controls Senior Associate to help support the company’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance effort related to internal controls design and its effectiveness. This hybrid position will play a key role in driving a culture that understands and appreciates the importance of a strong internal control environment. As a valuable resource to the organization, you must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong planning, problem-solving and presentation skills. An ideal candidate must have the ability to lead others, successfully manage stakeholders and influence those within key areas of the business. This position will work with other members of the Internal Controls team to support regulatory compliance activities focused on governance, business risk analysis, and internal control framework implementation and assessment.
- Assist with annual and ongoing risk assessments.
- Establish strong relationships with business unit stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of the business, relevant financial reporting risks and core key processes.
- Support the timely creation of process maps and control matrices for new and updated processes.
- Evaluate key controls with control owners to identify any changes in existing controls or new activities that may require controls.
- Support the mitigation of action items by helping the business understand the findings, potential controls, dependencies to remediation whether internal or external and setting realistic timeliness while monitoring progress to ensure action items are closed timely.
- Execute process and transaction walk-throughs to validate processes remain in compliance with SOX objectives.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- 4 plus years’ experience in auditing, accounting, or related internal controls experience
- Previous SOX experience at a large SEC Filer company
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CMA
- Commodity or financial services industry background/experience
- Public accounting experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.