CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Finance organization within a hybrid work setting. We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Country Operations accounting team. This position will play an active role in the month end close and financial reporting process for designated Country Operations business units. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong desire to learn and implement process improvements. The ability to prioritize, efficiently plan work activities, and be detail and results oriented is critical to the position.
- Ensure completion of monthly accounting activities, including journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and other tasks required for financial close.
- Prepare, analyze, and review general ledger account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process.
- Perform accounting and financial analyses to identify key trends and support critical estimates, such as accruals and reserves.
- Collaborate cross functionally and serve as a business partner to aid in the preparation and reporting of financial results.
- Prepare schedules in support of reporting required for SEC disclosures.
- Perform, document, and support the design and operating effectiveness of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors in connection with audits and reviews.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and lead efforts to implement solutions related to process efficiencies, standardization, system enhancements, and improved reporting capabilities.
- Support ongoing Country Operations finance transformation by assisting in efforts to segregate work activity between accounting activities and activities that relate primarily to analysis, planning, forecasting, budgeting, or decision support activities.
- Champion and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- CPA, CMA, or CFA certification
- Experience with SAP and Agris accounting software
- Proficient in MS Office suite Previous Ag related experience
- Enterprise transformation experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up