CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Refined Fuels sales group. We are looking for a Sales Representative to facilitate sales efforts with our cooperative customers in Nebraska & select accounts in Nebraska. In this role, you must be detail oriented, have strong analytical, collaborative and negotiating skills with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. You also must be able to problem solve with creative solutions, work with limited direct supervision, be self-motivated, strategic and a team player. To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to build strong relationships and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
(This is a home office position). Ideal candidate will live in Lincoln, NE however, we will consider candidates living near the territory as well.
- Be responsible for sales and growth of branded refined fuels and Cenex branded retail sites utilizing CHS Energy Programs.
- Proactively prospect and develop leads for cooperative & direct brand customers to grow Cenex retail site market share.
- Consult with customers regarding bulk efficiency programs to help customers maintain and grow their bulk Refined Fuels business.
- Assist customers with the development and execution of their marketing plans to profitably grow the business for customers and CHS.
- Grow and manage the Cenex Brand in designated trade territory.
- Analyze market share growth opportunities.
- Generate revenue and/or profit within assigned sales territory and/or accounts.
- Identify and anticipate customer requirements, expectations and needs.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of energy related market information (technical and fundamental) to branded refined fuel customers.
- Build strong teamwork and relationships with external and internal customers and/or other departments while responding to the needs of all stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage resources effectively, clearly defining priorities and expectations.
- Travel up to 70% of the time within the designated territory with up to 50% of travel resulting in overnight stays. This travel commitment will require strong time and territory management skills.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Represent CHS at company sponsored events, be active at customer sponsored events, and be a voice for CHS and the member-owners at industry events.
- This role also offers options for a company sponsored vehicle.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 4+ years of proven successful territory sales and/or retail development experience to include one or more of the following:
- General knowledge of refined fuels or related products
- Selling concepts, products, and programs to a diverse customer base
- Negotiating win-win business solutions
- Strong business relationships with customers
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 7+ years of proven successful sales experience in refined fuels
- Knowledge of the retail sales environment
- General knowledge of cooperative system
- Outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Map Point and Access
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Ability and willingness to travel 70% of the time within the designated territory with up to 50% of traveling resulting in overnight stays
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up