Rail Transportation Intern
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Global Grain & Processing group. We are looking for a Rail Transportation Intern to help support a variety of areas that will range in scale and complexity. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills by learning from and collaborating with a talented team of business and rail professionals.
- Provide analysis of rail rate structures and spreads to maximize market competitiveness
- Source competitive freight rates and provide recommendations to internal customers so CHS utilizes the lowest cost of transportation possible while meeting the market needs
- Assist with rate negotiation for confidential rail contracts and new business/marketing opportunities
- Monitor and maintain rail rates and databases with current and accurate information
- Work with internal accounting team to ensure rail shipments settle correctly
- Rate daily shipments timely and accurately and communicate cost saving alternatives
- Communicate with stakeholders efficient and economical options for execution via rail
- Suggest improvements to systems and processes regarding rail rates
- Innovate and be creative in your data analysis, problem solving approach and presentation of solutions
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in Transportation, logistics, fleet management or similar degree program at an accredited institution, entering junior or senior year, or recent graduate
- Experience with Office 365
- Excellent communication skills, customer service, strong analytical and problem solving skills, self-motivated with confirmed leadership abilities, presentation skills and be able to function in a team-oriented environment with resource and time constraints
- Passion for problem solving and attention to detail
- Experience in rail supply chain, logistics, rating, billing, claims, invoicing or plant scheduling
- Experience in data maintence
- Experience with SAP
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Global Grain & Processing group. We are looking for a RailTransportation Intern to help support a variety of areas that will range in scale and complexity.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills by learning from and collaborating with a talented team of business and rail professionals.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up