CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Grain Marketing Rail Services group. We are looking for a Rail Services Biller intern. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented.
This internship is for immediate start and is a remote position. We can be flexible on the hours per week. This internship will require some evening and weekend hours.
- Initiate shipment documentation to railroads (bill of ladings) and manage the day-to-day diverse needs of the rail services group with regards to billing.
- Process rail shipment documents (bill of ladings) by compiling, filing, sorting and establishing rail data priorities.
- Review data for deficiencies, resolve discrepancies with merchandisers and input rail billing instructions into CMIS mainframe (green screen) and various online systems and SAP.
- Create final shipment documentation (bill of lading) by compiling, filing, sorting and establishing rail data priorities and submit via EDE with positive confirmation of waybill to meet deadlines described by individual railroads.
- Assist merchandisers with diversions and similar rebill requests by acquiring permission and rate protection from railroads.
- Compile and distribute quarterly shipment volumes and trends report as well as relevant accessorial charges for various partner railroads.
- Coordinate the reduction of overloaded and unbalanced railcars. • File and negotiate loss and damage claims on product and railcars with rail carriers.
- Research and file various rail allowance claims, track payments, identify and verify justification of pay variances.
- Track and Trace shipments to ensure billing is active and moving correctly.
- Work with carriers and external customers to return astray railcars.
- Suggest improvements to systems and processes.
- Become a part of a successful, dynamic team using standard Lean processes to deliver quality and timely results to internal customers.
- Be encouraged and expected to innovate and be creative in your data analysis, problem solving and presentation of solutions.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Currently enrolled in a two or four-year degree program, or recently graduated
- Basic understanding of railroad operations, rules and regulations
- Transportation billing experience or knowledge
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.