Product Delivery Manager, Digital Service Management Platform (ServiceNow)
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS IT has shifted to a customer-focused product model to enable digital growth across the enterprise. In this model, there will be dedicated product teams focused on improving customer satisfaction and driving continuous delivery of value to product stakeholders. We are looking for a Product Delivery Manager to lead the Digital Service Management Platform product delivery team. The Product Delivery Manager is a servant leader focused on executing the product vision by staying abreast of latest agile tools and techniques and by removing obstacles that impede team health and product delivery. The focus of the Product Delivery Manager is to drive execution of the product roadmap using agile and lean practices while actively managing the overall team health of the product delivery team. This role will drive adoption and maturity of the ServiceNow platform ensuring the product team is in alignment with the strategy, roadmap and platform governance policies. To be considered, qualified candidates ideally will live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN metro area in order to work a hybrid schedule, however, we will consider remote options for top talent.
Lead Product Execution and Delivery
- Ensure delivery milestones are established and tracked, and delivery progress is forecasted and communicated to the product manager and product team.
- Escalate and communicate deviations in scope, resource budget, and timelines as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the product manager to define product success criteria and ensure team clearly understands the vision and objectives of the product.
- Review progress toward goals on a regular basis by determining specific metrics that the team should gather and report.
- Build trust with stakeholders by delivering incremental value critical to achieving goals.
Manage Team Health and Cultivate Agile Mindset
- Ensure team health through consistent team engagement activities and sustainable workload management.
- Assess team composition and recommend staffing changes.
- Work with team members and their resource managers as appropriate to identify professional development opportunities to enable individual professional success.
- Help teams organize themselves for optimal delivery outcomes by ensuring the roles and responsibilities required for success are defined and distributed throughout the team.
- Create an Agile Mindset and a culture of Continuous Team Improvement by creating an environment that promotes high performance teamwork by establishing the following priorities: team health and safety, continuous learning, creative experimentation, goal achievement, and value delivery. Ensure scrum ceremonies are effectively run.
Manage Team Performance (Velocity and Capacity)
- Identify, remove and/or escalate risks, roadblocks, and dependencies that are unresolvable by the product team and interfere with the team’s ability to deliver.
- Directly manage the Business Analysts on the product delivery team as well as indirectly manage a cross functional team focused on product delivery.
- Manage to the overall team budget.
- Ensure that product risks are identified, tracked, and communicate with stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Where possible, implement mitigation strategies.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Information technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Management, or related field (or equivalent years of experience in experience, education and/or training)
- 4+ years of experience in Information Technology and/or IT Technology Consulting and Support to include:
- Advanced knowledge of ServiceNow Platform to include ITSM, GRC/IRM, ITAM, ITBM, and ITOM
- Advanced knowledge with ServiceNow Implementation processes and practices
- Leadership experience leading technical and/or functional team members
- Proven ability to create an atmosphere of mentoring, quality, diversity, collaboration and continuous improvement by actively coaching product team members
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and drive resolution to issues impacting the product team
- Must have prior experience working on a cross-functional Agile team
- Must be willing to work collaboratively as a part of a high performing team
- Demonstrated ability to help Agile teams achieve delivery outcomes and quantifiably improve delivery metrics
- Understanding of and commitment to the Agile mindset, principles, and practices
- Experience as a leader or member of an Agile software development team
- Willing and able to work across role boundaries to improve customer outcomes
- Experience working as a Product Manager, Product Marketer, IT Project Manager, IT Relationship Manager, Senior Analyst, or Senior Engineer
- Experience organizing, facilitating, and leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) for both a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience with data analytics and KPI and trend dashboards
- Advanced knowledge of software development procedures including scrum methodology
- Advanced proficiency in agile delivery tools such as Azure DevOps or Aha!
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up