Officer, Loan Expert
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Capital has an exciting opportunity in our CHS Capital group. We are looking for a Loan Officer to manage and further develop existing and business relationships while identifying and pursuing new customers to grow loan the portfolio. The position will work directly with CEO's and directors of local cooperatives that borrow from CHS Capital. The loan officer is expected to manager and grow a very high-quality loan portfolio, maintain good customer relations with borrowers and intervene when business results warrant intervention. You must be a detail oriented, self-starter, with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Develop and maintain a client base, prepare loan recommendations based on sound financial analysis as well as direct observation and interaction with borrower accounts.
- Manage products and services offered through the commercial and producer financing divisions, such as cash management, leasing and producer financing as well as on-going management of the lending portfolio through periodic monitoring of financial reports from the borrower, meetings with, but not limited to account general managers, CEO’s, CFO’s, Controllers and boards of directors.
- Lead new program development and report progress to senior finance leaders
- Develop new customer relationships as well as continued development of existing customers.
- Develop prospect profiles by geography and pursue new credit contacts leading to added loan volume at acceptable credit quality.
- Identify and promote opportunities to cross sell across multiple businesses in CHS
- Promote other business units within the division and within CHS, Inc.
- Analyze financial reports used to prepare credit quality and collateral updates on accounts within the portfolio.
- Perform periodic credit updates and annual loan renewals, and present to the loan committee for approval
- Conduct account contacts, including loan package renewals, planning meetings, training, and asset reviews.
- Prepare and deliver CHS Capital public relations at public events such as regional cooperatives’ annual meetings, cooperative manager association events, and local cooperative functions.
- Coach and develop new staff on sales techniques and relationship management
- Travel up to 40% of the time.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 plus years of experience to include:
- Sales and marketing
- Financial analysis
- Cooperative management experience
- Progressive experience in production agricultural lending including credit and operations and collections
- Subject matter expertise in and aptitude for production agricultural lending financial analysis and documentation
- In-depth knowledge of UCC Security and Crop Lien Laws as they pertain to various states as well as collection experience to enforce liens
- Advanced skills in complex production credit and cash flow analysis, balance sheet analysis, profitability, liquidity, and solvency analysis. preparation of pro-forma and combined financial statements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to coordinate well with peers and management.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Detail and solution oriented with strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite, database systems and loan accounting
- A background in agriculture or agricultural lending a plus
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up