CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Agronomy (Crop Nutrients) division. We are looking for a Commodity Trader to join the CN Trading Desk. You must be able to work with a diverse multicultural group of people and build effective long-lasting relationships. You must be able to make decisions, work independently and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Form and execute strategies for positioning, buying and selling of Urea.
- Communicate market price changes and information to external customers, marketers and Urea product line members.
- Maintain existing customer base and identify, develop and build new opportunities.
- Provide exceptional customer service by being the first point of contact with the consumer, user and marketer and in some cases utilizing divisional marketing resources.
- Perform market analysis on and interpret global trade flows and commodity supply/demand.
- Monitor and interpret the macro-trends of financial markets and the global economy that can impact the respective commodity prices in the short, medium and long term.
- Work closely with Crop Nutrient’s personnel (i.e., Commodity Traders, accounting, freight and hedge desk) in exchange of information.
- Manage supply chains in the region, within the CN platform.
- Direct the commercial activity of CHS marketers at destinations.
- Resolve issues and disputes with accounting, transportation, shippers and buyers/end users.
- Reconcile P&L daily and be involved with month end market valuations.
- Assist in development of the annual business plan, budget and forecast.
- Make decisions and work independently as well as positively contributing to a team environment.
- Perform market analysis and formulation of corresponding commodity position strategy.
- Work after hours as needed.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 plus years of Commodity Trading experience
- Must be able to read and understand a daily position report (long & short)
- Working knowledge of futures exchange rules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Must be able to work extended hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Ag Economics, or other business-related program preffered
- Experience working with international teams preferred
- Experience managing a P&L preferred
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.