Logistics Coordinator (Hybrid)
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Grain Marketing Rail Services group. We are looking for a Rail Services Biller. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be detail-oriented. This position may require overtime, evening, and weekend on-call duties on a consistent rotational basis, or work a flex schedule, including a second shift and/or weekend schedule.
• Communicate daily with several departments internally as well as the various departments of partner railroads.
• Initiate shipment documentation to railroads (bill of ladings) and manage the day-to-day diverse needs of the rail services group with regard to billing.
• Process rail shipment documents (bill of ladings) by compiling, filing, sorting, and establishing rail data priorities.
• Review data for deficiencies, resolve discrepancies with merchandisers, and input rail billing instructions into CMIS mainframe (green screen), various online systems, and SAP.
• Create final shipment documentation (bill of lading) by compiling, filing, sorting, and establishing rail data priorities. Submit via EDE with positive confirmation of waybill to meet deadlines described by individual railroads.
• Verify entered rail billing data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; assisting merchandisers and accountants when information is incomplete or missing.
• Assist merchandisers with diversions and similar rebill requests by acquiring permission and rate protection from railroads.
• Compile and distribute quarterly shipment volumes, trends reports, and relevant accessorial charges for various partner railroads.
• Assist customers with various transportation and logistical needs.
• Maintain administrative duties by distributing incoming mail, coordinating documentation to shippers and railroads, and answering incoming phone calls efficiently.
• Perform backup role for handling overloaded railcars and filing claims to bill of lading with railroads.
• Contribute to team goals by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Provide various solutions and associated costs for each when correcting or redirecting railcars.
• Coordinate the reduction of overloaded and unbalanced railcars.
• File and negotiate loss and damage claims on products and railcars with rail carriers.
• Research and file various rail allowance claims, track payments, and identify and verify justification of pay variances.
• Track and Trace shipments to ensure billing is active and moving correctly.
• Work with carriers and external customers to return astray railcars.
• Help research, dispute, or negotiate miscellaneous charges.
• Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
• High school diploma or GED
• 1 plus years of Customer Service experience in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work overtime, including evenings and/or weekends
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Accurate keyboarding, 10 key, and data entry
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or Accounting
• Basic understanding of railroad operations, rules, and regulations
• Transportation billing experience or knowledge
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up