CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Learning and Development (L&D) team. As a Learning and Development intern, you'll have access to various leadership and interpersonal development programs that can help you grow both personally and professionally. Additionally, you'll be able to help the L&D team at CHS by working with various key areas that deal with an employee's learning and development process, from onboarding to offboarding. You'll also have the chance to partner with leaders from different levels and employees from different disciplines, both internally and externally with our member owners. Overall, this internship provides practical experience and an opportunity to make valuable contributions towards the L&D department's initiatives.
Our Learning & Development Intern will:
- Learning Management System Support: Assist in the administration of professional development programs, including tracking employee certifications and licenses. Help maintain employee training records and learning management system data.
- Training Program Support: Assist in the development and implementation of training programs, including coordinating logistics, scheduling sessions, and preparing training materials.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to update and improve development offerings and materials.
- L&D Communication Support: Be involved in marketing the L&D team’s virtual presence both on internal and external platforms
Metrics & Measurement: leveraging MS Forms help to create and consolidate standard metrics and measurements and creating report out scoreboards to share the effectiveness of development opportunities.
Development Opportunities: Help to enhance and develop? current learning opportunities such as LinkedIn Learning, co-op 101 and a mentoring program.
- Learning & Development Best Practices: support in creating the department best practices and standard operating procedures, and improvement of current tools and processes.
- Training Needs Analysis: Support the team in conducting training needs assessments to identify skill gaps and learning opportunities within the organization.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Learning and Development, Human Resources, Education, Industrial Organizational Psychology), demonstrating a strong academic foundation and passion for L&D.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey information and ideas to various stakeholders.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize large amounts of data, ensuring accuracy and reliability in reporting and analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), enabling efficient creation of documents, presentations, and data analysis.
- Familiarity with learning management systems or other learning tools is highly desirable.
- Previous internship experience in an HR role preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with e-learning development tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment, showcasing strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to contribute effectively to group projects and initiatives.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.