IT Security Engineer (Security Detection/Vulnerability)
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for an experienced level IT Security Engineer to join our Security Detection/Vulnerability team. We are seeking a candidate with excellent technical and communication skills, both verbal and written. As an experienced Security Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the security posture of CHS by proactively identifying, evaluating, and remediating vulnerabilities and potential threats.
- Provide day to day and project related security support for system maintenance, and the integration of security technology infrastructure and processes.
- Conduct continuous vulnerability assessments tests to identify, validate, prioritize, and report potential security vulnerabilities in software, systems, and networks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, network engineers, and security analysts, to develop and implement security strategies and processes.
- Analyze and assess the impact of security vulnerabilities, considering the threat landscape, attack vectors, and potential business impact.
- Track and report on the status of identified vulnerabilities, ensuring timely remediation and mitigation efforts.
- Provide guidance and support to development and infrastructure teams in implementing security best practices and addressing identified vulnerabilities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain security tools, scripts, and automation to streamline the detection and remediation process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices, sharing this information with relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Participate in incident response efforts, providing expert knowledge on vulnerabilities and potential remediation strategies.
- Continuously improve CHS Inc.'s security posture by identifying gaps, recommending enhancements, and implementing changes.
- Participate in security compliance efforts (e.g. SOX and PCI).
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new and emerging security products and technologies. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to security, system and network configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience in Information Technology and/or IT Security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of common vulnerability frameworks, such as CVSS and OWASP Top Ten
- Strong understanding of information security principles, threat modeling, and vulnerability management best practices
- Proven track record of effectively supporting commonly-used information security tools and processes
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Familiarity with industry standards and compliance frameworks, such as ISO 27001, NIST, or PCI-DSS
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g.: Perl, Python, PowerShell)
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Knowledge and/or experience with penetration testing
- Relevant certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, OSCP, or GIAC
- Occasional off-hour and weekend work may be expected.
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up