CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for an IT Intern to help support a variety of projects that will range in scale and complexity within the Enterprise Architecture team, an area dedicated to coordinating organizational unity and effectiveness. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, the ability to navigate complex challenges, a collaborative mindset to foster a unified approach to enterprise goals and possess the willingness to learn new technologies and concepts. This position will function in a team-oriented environment and adhere to project timelines.
Ideal candidates will live in the St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN metro area in order to work a hybrid schedule (2-3 days per week in the corporate office, located in Inver Grove Heights, MN); may consider remote options for top talent. The CHS IT Internship Program is targeted for 5/13/2024 - 8/16/2024 (this timeframe can be somewhat flexible).
- Review and categorize the software and applications we use. Gaining insights into how businesses optimize their technology resources for maximum benefit.
- Engage with various teams to understand their needs. Experiencing first-hand how technology aligns and drives business goals.
- Assist with new projects and initiatives. Developing project management skills valuable in any corporate setting.
- Prepare for team meetings and document important decisions. Understanding the dynamics of team decision-making and collaboration.
- Training, Mentorship, and Skills Development:
- Receive hands-on training on our software systems and the intricacies of Application Portfolio Management.
- Develop nuanced insights into project management, stakeholder communication, and strategic decision-making.
- The skills and experience you gather here will set the foundation for roles such as Enterprise Architect, Business Systems Analyst, or IT Project Manager, pivotal positions across diverse industries.
- Enterprise and Solution architects, offering a comprehensive understanding of business capabilities.
- Various cross-functional teams, providing a multi-faceted view of how businesses operate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management, or similar STEM degree program
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Analytical prowess to navigate intricate challenges.
- Teamwork and collaboration instincts.
Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.