CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for an IT Data Engineering Intern to help support a variety projects that will range in scale and complexity. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated with confirmed leadership abilities, decisive leadership and presentation skills and be able to function in a team-oriented environment with resource and time constraints.
- Join core team to deliver solutions related to data migration using different ETL tools and solutions.
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines that will extract, transform, and load data from source to target systems.
- Develop an understanding of business processes, data flows and strategy.
- Perform rigorous data analysis to improve the data quality and standardization.
- Attend Data Engineering training to learn new technologies and skills.
- Adhere to programming/development deadlines as determined by senior team member.
- Ellaborate with Functional analyst team to establish transformation rules and improve data quality and adhere to data governance standards for CHS.
- Explore the opportunities to understand the core business processes and data relationship along different business processes.
- Participate in the innovation cycle of conducting analyses and generating insights.
- Work closely with team members to establish Data Engineering team best practices.
- Work with DevOps tools like git and Microsoft Azure to integrate innovations, algorithms, SQL code and deploy into a production system.
- Work with data visualization tools like Power BI to provide insights to business users.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Business Management, Information Management, Computer Science, or other STEM degree program
- Working knowledge of SQL and Transact (T-SQL) statements
- Knowledge of Database application programming
- Data Integration
- Data Modeling
- ETL/ELT and SQL Development
- Development Lifecycle
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI
- Knowledge of SAP ERP System and Technologies
- Data Services
- Information Steward
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.