CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology division. We are seeking an IT Cloud Engineering Intern to join our engineering team. You will join a talented, energetic team, making a measurable impact with the work you do every day. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, exceptional analytical problem-solving skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. As an IT Cloud Engineering Intern you will be responsible for using your technical skills to solve business problems. You will assess the cloud architecture from a technical lens and implement recommendations which will drive cost reduction and improve service quality by working with the product teams. This is your opportunity to apply cloud engineering expertise to deliver a solution for the enterprise. If you have a passion for Cloud, DevOps, Automation, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) this is the role for you.
- Be part of a team that creates, maintains, and supports our cloud environments.
- Work with product teams to engineer and translate their requests into cloud related operational actions.
- Explore new capabilities and patterns within cloud.
- Embed within a product team to understand the needs of the application.
- Work with the product team members to upskill their cloud capabilities.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validations.
- Design and maintain automation processes and ensure that all things that should be automated, are automated responsibly.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing.
- Work with infrastructure as code for provisioning, configuration management and CI/CD pipeline.
- Ensure compliance with the company tagging standards.
- Partner with cloud platform engineering team to enable standardized cloud services.
- Look to migrate to cloud native services where possible.
- Participate in migration activity from on-premises to cloud using cloud native technology.
- Identify dependencies within application to be migrated to the cloud.
- Provide configuration assistance of application migrating into cloud.
- Work with the product teams to understand and optimize the capabilities in cloud to reduce cost and align to business needs.
- Provide tooling for source control and automated delivery.
- Understand the software design methodologies.
Product Specific – Migration Engineer Phase
- Assists the Solution Engineer in consulting on application stack and helps identify dependencies with applications and provides configuration assistance for cutover activity of platform.
- Configure target AWS environment to host migrated application. Including Security Group, Right Sizing.
- Create/setup migration jobs based on solution engineering design use AWS migration tools such as (Application Migration Service, Cloud Endure).
- Setup and configure database replication jobs from on-premises to cloud database instances (Database Migration Services).
Product Specific –Application Support Phase
- Experiencing installing and support applications hosted on a windows platform.
- Participate in the lifecycle of applications to stay current with patching and maintenance.
- Automate the installation and delivery of application.
- Work with SQL server and the databases supporting the third party applications.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Business Management, Information Management, Computer Science or other STEM degree
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies
- Terraform o CloudFormation
- Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages
- Knowledge of Application Support
- Commercial off the Shelf applications
- Custom developed applications and components
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.