CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology division. We are seeking an IT Cloud Engineer to join our engineering team. You will join a talented, energetic team, making a measurable impact with the work you do every day. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, exceptional analytical problem-solving skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
As an IT Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for using your technical skills to solve business problems. You will assess the cloud architecture from a technical lens and implement recommendations which will drive cost reduction and improve service quality by working with the product teams. This is your opportunity to apply cloud engineering expertise to deliver a solution for the enterprise. If you have a passion for Cloud, DevOps, Automation, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) this is the role for you.
- Be part of a team that creates, maintains, and supports our cloud environments.
- Work with product teams to engineer and translate their requests into cloud related operational actions.
- Explore new capabilities and patterns within cloud.
- Embed within a product team to understand the needs of the application.
- Work with the product team members to upskill their cloud capabilities.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validations.
- Design and maintain automation processes and ensure that all things that should be automated, are automated responsibly.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing.
- Work with infrastructure as code for provisioning, configuration management and CI/CD pipeline.
- Ensure compliance with the company tagging standards.
- Partner with cloud platform engineering team to enable standardized cloud services.
- Look to migrate to cloud native services where possible.
- Participate in migration activity from on-premises to cloud using cloud native technology.
- Identify dependencies within application to be migrated to the cloud.
- Provide configuration assistance of application migrating into cloud.
- Work with the product teams to understand and optimize the capabilities in cloud to reduce cost and align to business needs.
- Provide tooling for source control and automated delivery.
- Understand the software design methodologies.
Product Specific – Migration Engineer
- Assists the Solution Engineer in consulting on application stack and helps identify dependencies with applications and provides configuration assistance for cutover activity of platform.
- Configure target AWS environment to host migrated application. Including Security Group, Right Sizing
- Create/setup migration jobs based on solution engineering design use AWS migration tools such as (Application Migration Service, Cloud Endure).
- Setup and configure database replication jobs from on-premises to cloud database instances (Database Migration Services).
Cloud Skill and Competencies
- Use automation tooling to provision cloud infrastructure (ie. Terraform, CloudFormation, CLI, ARM Template).
- Stay up to date with new services and offering that AWS provides.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field (or equivalent years of training, work experience and education)
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience in an enterprise IT Engineering role with the following disciplines:
- Leading large and complex projects to completion
- Managing multiple priorities and working across multiple teams
- Mentoring others and navigating conflicts
- Core technologies or platforms (OS, Data, Middleware)
- Underlying theories, principles, designs, standards, and industry best practices
- Enterprise Database systems including upgrading, patching, performance monitoring, and connectivity, and backup/recovery (includes Oracle and SQL Server databases but may include others)
- Expereince as an IT Developer Engineer with the following disciplines:
- Participating in the optimization or code creation of improving an existing promotion process
- Building automation capabilities for either code promotion or infrastructure as code
- Designing a new process to leverage a cloud native technology
- AWS cloud practitioner certified and have worked with the AWS platform for at least 2 years
- 5+ years of experience in an enterprise IT Engineering role with the following disciplines:
- DevOps experience including developing software with an intermediate level troubleshooting and diagnostic skillsets and providing technical solutions.
- Systems programming experience with the ability to enhance, update, modify, test, and debug systems within the area they support as well as provide some guidance and consultation to business users.
- Providing technical assistance and work direction to less experienced staff.
- Presentation and facilitation experience; ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats with a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical).
- Proven ability to self-motivate and motivate others around a shared goal or objective with the ability to remain composed while working under pressure and the ability to model the behavior desirable in the rest of the team.
- Ability to make decisions to reduce uncertainty around solutions and comfortable working in ambiguous situations or situations with little definition.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.