CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for an IT Data Engineering Intern to help support a variety projects that will range in scale and complexity. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated with confirmed leadership abilities, decisive leadership and presentation skills and be able to function in a team-oriented environment with resource and time constraints. Ideal candidates will be located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro area to work a hybrid schedule, however, will consider remote options for top talent.
- Join a core team to deliver analytical solutions related to ERP cloud-based technologies from end-to-end (data ingestion to consumption).
- Develop and maintain scalable data models that will consume data from our S/4HANA, Business Warehouse (BW/4HANA), and Data Lake platforms.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements for automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Self-motivated, self-directed with strong problem-solving skills.
- Develop an understanding of business processes, data flows and strategy.
- Host and participate in development of prototype solutions to support and prove business and technology concepts.
- Attend Data Engineering/SAP user groups, training, or conferences to learn new technologies and skills.
- Adhere to programming/development deadlines as determined by senior team member.
- Collaborate with business, analytical teams, and data scientist to improve efficiency, increase the applicability of predictive models, and help translate ad-hoc analyses into scalable data delivery solutions.
- Consulting on data ingestion, data modeling, security, and capabilities.
- Manage the innovation cycle of conducting analyses, generating insights.
- Perform technical reviews of designs and code development by other team members.
- Work closely with team members to establish BI Data Engineering community of best practices.
- Support business decisions with ad-hoc analysis as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Business Management, Accounting, Information Management, Computer Science, or other STEM degree program
- Knowledge of Database application programming to include:
- Data Integration
- Data Modeling
- ETL/ELT and SQL Development
- Development Lifecycle
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of Large-Scale ERP systems and Cloud-based Big Data Platforms
- Data Ingestion
- Batch Job Scheduling and Optimization
- Knowledge of Cloud Based Business Intelligence platforms such as Power BI, SAP Analytics Cloud, and Tableau
- Knowledge of programming languages to include:
- C++ or C#
- Object Oriented Design
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.