CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for an IT Data Engineering Intern to help support a variety of projects that will range in scale and complexity. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated with confirmed leadership abilities, decisive leadership and presentation skills and be able to function in a team-oriented environment with resource and time constraints.
- Join core team to deliver solutions related to Big Data and cloud-based technologies from end-to-end (data ingestion to consumption).
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines that will ingest, transform, and distribute data streams and/or batches within the cloud based data platform.
- Develop an understanding of business processes, data flows and strategy.
- Adhere to programming/development deadlines as determined by senior team member.
- Collaborate with business, analytical teams, and data scientist to improve efficiency, increase the applicability of predictive models, and help translate ad-hoc analyses into scalable data delivery solutions.
- Participate innovation cycle of conducting analyses, generating insights.
- Work with DevOps team to integrate data products into a production system.
- 'Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Business Management, Information Management, Computer Science, or other STEM degree program
- Knowledge of Database application programming to include:
- Data Ingestion
- Data Integration
- Data Modeling
- ETL/ELT and SQL Development
- Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of Cloud-based Big Data Platforms to include:
- DBT Cloud
- AWS S3
- Knowledge of programming languages to include:
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.