CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHShas an exciting opportunity for a SummerFinance Internin our Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) department. The purpose of the internship is to provide meaningful, professional hands-on experience to students with proven academic performance and leadership potential.
Corporate FP&A is responsible for leading timely and accurate forecast, budget, and long-range planning processes for the enterprise. In addition, FP&A is responsible for tracking and analyzing cash conversion cycle metrics, capital projects and various other cost control measures. You must be driven, inquisitive, analytical and adaptable with excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Work on a variety of projects including
- Build a driver-based three financial statement model for a CHS business unit
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of an enterprise-wide forecast
- Support the annual budget preparation and presentation for senior leadership and the Board of Directors
- Maintain and develop reporting to provide leadership with insight into financial results
- Identify and participate in process improvement opportunities and lean initiatives
- Learn how to develop dashboards and interactive models that aid senior leaders in strategic decision making
- Ad hoc requests
- Partner with members of the broader finance team across all CHS business units
- Have exposure to CHS Finance leadership through work supporting key initiatives
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Proficient with Excel and MS office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Prior related internship experience
- Understanding of three primary financial statements, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Experience with financial modeling
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.