CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Finance Shared Services Operations group. The Finance Shared Services Operations Intern position is intended to develop a general understanding of the cash application and accounts payable processes by performing a variety of tasks and participating in projects to advance department goals and objectives. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently and collaboratively with all CHS business areas.
- Learn and perform various processes in the cash application and accounts payable processes
- Gain knowledge of various software programs including SAP, JD Edwards, Coupa and Concur.
- Collaborate with Finance Shared Services, Treasury, Enterprise Credit and IT to ensure business needs are being met
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and lean project opportunities within Finance Shared Services and across business departments
- Become familiar with CHS’s business and structure
- Improve existing reporting reports/ tools, changing the way teams work and leverage the information to make key business decisions
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program with a focus on Accounting & Finance or related degree entering as a college Junior, Senior, or recent graduate.
- General knowledge of accounting & finance principles
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous internship in accounting, or finance or related field
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized and strong attention to detail
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.