CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our IT Business Readiness group this Summer! We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Intern to help support a variety of projects that will range in scale and complexity. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills by learning from and collaborating with a talented team of business and Shared Services professionals. To be considered, must be located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro area to work a hybrid schedule.
As a Continuous Improvement Intern, your assignments may include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the continuous improvement team to analyze and evaluate current state work methods, procedures, controls, information, and documentation systems.
- Extract process knowledge from key staff interviews and translate into process maps and detailed training materials that capture step-by-step activities required by each team and role to complete each process.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data related to business processes, procedures and controls including root cause analysis on identified challenges.
- Document core operational processes, creating detailed process maps and associated materials for basic current and future state processes.
- Participate in engagement and discovery sessions between the continuous improvement team and employees from functional/business units in order to identify problems/gaps and process improvement opportunities.
- Support to plan and track progress of work teams to meet project priorities, and deadlines. Prepares project status reports including business process related metrics.
- Become a part of a successful, dynamic team using standard Lean processes to deliver quality and timely results to internal customers.
- Be encouraged and expected to innovate and be creative in your problem solving and presentation of solutions.
- Have the opportunity to join our Lean certification program and Celonis Process Mining trainings.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics Mathematics, or similar degree program
- Experience with data analysis and process mapping
- Training/Experience in Lean methodologies
- SQL experience
- Familiarity with Excel (pivot tables, pivot charts, functions, etc.) or Process Mapping tools – e.g., MS Visio
- Basic time management skills
- Organized with ability to coordinate projects and meetings
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Effective presentation skills
- Experience with problem solving and basic analytics
- Self-motivated with good organization and planning skills
- A passion for customers, process improvement and product quality
- Ability and willingness to work in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area
- Ability to work from mid-May through mid-August 2023 (approximate dates: 5/15/2023 - 8/18/2023)
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.