CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity for a college student to join our HR Operations team. We are looking for an HR Operations Intern to help support a variety projects that will range in scale and complexity. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills by learning from and collaborating with a talented team of Human Resource professionals.
In this role, you will be an integral member of our team creating standardization and simplification around HR Operation process documentation to achieve maximum efficiencies. This includes interviewing stakeholders, gathering requirements, analyzing system problems, creating system solutions, drafting process flow and data flow diagrams, and writing knowledge articles. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and be able to function in a team-oriented environment.
- Work close to the HR Operations team to analyze and evaluate current state work methods, procedures, controls, information, and documentation systems.
- Extract process knowledge from cross functional interviews and translate into process maps and detailed training materials that capture step-by-step activities required by each team and role to complete each process.
- Documents core operational processes, creating detailed process maps and associated materials for basic current and future state processes.
- Understand CHS IT technology standards and enterprise requirements to develop a solution to store and share HR Operations policies and documentation
- Implements solutions for creating and maintaining accurate process documentation including annual review process and approval process for posting and updates
- Be encouraged and expected to innovate and be creative in your problem solving and presentation of solutions.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through systems and/or non-system changes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Human Resources, Industrial & Labor Relations, or Business from an accredited institution
- Ability to use a data-driven approach, leveraging technology and available resources, ensuring efficiency and simplification are top of mind
- Proven ability to use end-to-end thoughtful planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong process mindset and process improvement skills
- Proficient in a broad range of Microsoft Suite tools
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience or training with continuous improvement or Lean principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic time management skills
- Self-motivated with good organization and planning skills
- A passion for customers, process improvement and product quality
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.